Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Walmart.....Would you shop there?




I have heard a lot being said by some people that they would not shop at Walmart because of the business practices of the company in general. I've also heard that some people don't shop there because "it's an American company taking money from Canadians". And my most favorite reason is because they are not unionized.

Ok, some interesting reasons not to shop there. But, I do like shopping there. I do like saving oodles of money that I can keep in my pocket to use for my family vs. putting that money into some other Canadian retailer's till that DOESN'T benefit my family. I do like saving even more money by using the sales they advertise, applying coupons to the sale price, and sometimes walking out just paying the tax on the item. Best of all shopping is being able to price match with other retailers in the area which allows me to combine the shopping of two or three stores into one. It works for me.

Let me give you a for instance. I have over 15 bottles of body wash and at least 8 deodorants stored away in my "stash" of purchased products. I had a coupon (actually 4 of them) that allowed me to purchase "3 products and save $9" on specific products. IE - Olay body wash and Secret deodorant. I also had a coupon that stated "buy two Secret deodorant and save $5" (actually, 4 of those too). So off to Walmart I went.

Remember I said that I had more then enough of both of these products? Well, by using these coupons, I have been able to purchase 10 body washes, and 10 deodorants. Total cost to purchase these items (including taxes) was $64.86. I paid $8.86 and of that $7.46 was taxes.

I now have a very nice donation to our local food bank (which in turns provides these types of items to our local shelter) and it was at a small cost to my family. How wrong can I go? I've paid less then $10 OOP and so many people will be able to benefit.

Doesn't that make you really smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment